Monday, July 19, 2010

ONE Month!!

So, on month ago today I got my top braces put on! Yay! 17ish or less more to go. Boo. The first month wasnt horribly bad - the farther I got away from when they were intially put on - the better my mouth felt and the more foods I have been able to eat.

And then today, just when all seemed well, I went to the ortho and got my braces tightened. Oh, and I got a larger arch wire.

My first arch wire was a 14 (what exactly that is measuring, im not sure) What I do know is that the larger the numbers get....the bigger and stiffer the wire gets which means more pressure/pain. :( From the time the wire got put on and it was getting tightened into place i was SOOOO sore already! Last time it took a few hours before I noticed anything....this time...I hadn't even left the office and I was already feeling it. Hence the reason I went straight to Target and got a bottle of ibuprofen. :)

It's been about 10 hours since I was at the ortho....and the pressure isn't too bad. Im SURE i will really feel it when I wake up in the morning :(

So....here we go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment